Looking to Buy?
One of the most common questions we get asked is, how does 2% Realty work when you work with clients buying a home? See below for the answer and a number of other common questions:
Why would I work with a 2% Real Estate Agent when buying a home?
- We get a lot of calls from people wanting to sell their home because of our business model. This leads to more experience negotiating, knowing if a property is priced properly and an in depth knowledge of the market in every area we serve. All traits of a Real Estate Agent that you would want representing you in such a significant investment.
Can you show me any house in the area listed on REALTOR.ca (also known as MLS)?
- Yes we can show you any home listed for sale on REALTOR.ca. We can also show you homes that are listed for sale privately. We've even knocked on a few doors for clients while trying to find the perfect home!
How do you get paid when working with buying clients?
- The seller pays the commission. When a seller agrees to list their home with a Real Estate Agent they agree to pay a commission rate. We expect 50% of that commission. (It is common practice that commissions are split 50/50 between buying and selling Real Estate Agents and their brokerages)
Are your commissions discounted when you work with buying clients?
- No :) When working with buying clients we expect the same commission that is offered to every other Real Estate Agent that brings a buyer to the property.
Are your commissions set when working with buying clients?
- Our rates are not set. Commission rates vary greatly in the East Kootenay. If 1% is offered, we work for 1%. If 3% is offered, we work for 3%. If $5000 is offered, we work for $5000. We work for nothing less than whatever is being offered to every other Real Estate Agent.